New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2006 Mercury Milan
- The all-new Mercury Milan is a sibling of the Ford Fusion with "more style". It slots in below the Montego. The 5-passenger, mid-sized sedan is based on Ford's CD3 architecture derived from the Mazda6. Milan is offered initially with either a 160hp inline-four or 210hp V6 in FWD only. All-wheel drive and Hybrid powertrains are promised for future model years.
- 2006 Mercury Mountaineer
- Moutaineer has received numerous improvements for the 2006 model year. Visually, the front and rear have been tweaked to match an evolving Mercury sense of style. Power-operated running boards hide in the rocker panels until needed. The interior has been updated with a new instrument panel, center stack, door panels and seats. Mechanical changes include a revised front and rear suspension. An all-new 4.6L V8 engine is coupled to a six-speed automatic replaces the V8 powertrain in last years model
- 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
- The Grand Marquis receives a new front end to bring its styling in line with other new Mercurys
- 2006 Mercury Mariner
- A gasoline/electric hybrid version of the Mariner appears. It mates a 133hp 4-cylinder engine to an electric motor and CVT transmission. The Mariner hybrid can operate fully on electric power.
- 2006 Mercury Montego
- 2006 Mercury Monterey
- 2005 Mercury Sable Sedan
- 2005 Mercury Sable Wagon