New or Significantly Altered Models
- 2014 Subaru Forester
- Subaru's compact SUV is all-new for the 2014 model year. The 2014 Forester is largely the same size as its predecessor, the new model gains about an inch in wheelbase and length and about a half-inch in width and height. The new styling retains the same side profile, but gains more aggressive front-end styling. Most models retain the same 250-bhp, 2.5l horizontal four-cylinder as before. The performance-oriented XT models now include a more powerful 2.0l turbocharged horizontal four-cylinder engine. The four-speed automatic has been dropped in favor of a CVT transmission, and the base model now offers a six-speed manual. Subaru projects improved fuel economy with CVT equipped models rated at 24/32 (city/hwy).
- 2014 Subaru BRZ
- 2014 Subaru Impreza 5d
- 2014 Subaru Impreza sedan
- 2014 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door
- 2014 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
- 2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan
- 2014 Subaru Outback
- 2014 Subaru Tribeca
- 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek
- The XV Crosstrek adds a hybrid model for 2014. The hybrid powertrain consists of a 2.0l horizontally-opposed four-cylinder engine, CVT transmission and a 13.4-hp electric motor. A nickel-metal hydride battery resides under the rear load floor.