New or Significantly Altered Models
- 1997 Buick Century
- This year Buick replaces the Century after a 15-year production run. Choosing to make the Century a roomier car, Buick has based the all-new Century on the same platform as the Pontiac Grand Prix and the upcoming Oldsmobile Intrigue. This affords the new car more room and improvements in chassis and suspension. To maintain value pricing the Century is only offered with a 160hp V-6 engine. Two trim levels are offered: Century Custom and Century Limited. Century Limited adds magnetic steering control, body colored mirrors, and an interior lighting package.
- 1997 Buick Park Avenue
- Buick's Park Avenue sedan has been redesigned for 1997. The new car is based on the Riviera's chassis and carries the same engine and transmission choices as the Riviera. The 3.8-liter V-6 standard in the Park Avenue produces 205 hp, while the supercharged version in the Park Avenue Ultra is rated at 240 hp. Both models have an all-new exterior and interior design. In addition to the engine upgrade Ultra buyers get a more luxury appointments in the interior and a traction control system.
- 1997 Buick LeSabre sedan
- LeSabre was introduced January 1996 as a 1997 model. No further changes are made for the 1997 calendar year.
- 1997 Buick Regal sedan
- Regal is due to be replaced later this year by an all-new model. The coupe is discontinued, and production of the sedans continues until then new model's introduction.
- 1997 Buick Riviera
- A new upgraded 4-speed automatic transmission is included with the normally aspirated V-6 engine. A heavy duty version of this transmission is included with the optional supercharged V-6 engine.
- 1997 Buick Skylark
- 1997 Buick Skylark sedan
- 1996 Buick Century wagon
- 1996 Buick Regal
- 1996 Buick Roadmaster
- 1996 Buick Roadmaster wagon